June 16, 2011

Blocked and Blue

For the past few days, the tiny little voice in my head kept pulling me back towards writing. I don't know why, but I usually find myself in the middle of the night or in the early hours of the morning in front of a blank page of Word. And yet, no words to start writing. I tried writing something random -anything under the sun. But still, not a single passable thing to say.

It had become frustrating and annoying. But I just let it pass.

A couple of nights ago, I watched Limitless. It's a story about how a writer in the middle of a mental/creativity block got hold of this new drug that lets you use the maximum capacity of your brain -not just the 20%.

Maybe I need something like that. Just so I could finally write what it is that's blocked in my mind. Let me sigh heavily after all that...


Well since we're on the topic of writing, me and my cousin found this site where they compare your writing style to that of a famous writer. I started putting in different poems and freeverses that I had written before. And the names that came out were Stephen King, Stephanie Meyer, H.P. Lovecraft, etc... Do you see the pattern here? If not well, these are just some of the writers in the genre of horror, fantasy, and science fiction. 

I guess this means I'm better off writing something like that. Hahaha. So then I tried putting in some of my prose, and 2 names came up: Oscar Wilde and Dan Brown. You cannot imagine how hard me and my cousin were laughing after all this. 



It's your own call, if you're going to believe whatever the result is. But hey, it's nice to know that somehow you kind of write just like a famous writer. LOL.

Check it out of you want to: I Write Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...