March 12, 2011

The 2012 Thinking

source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-most-incredible-pictures-of-the-japan-earthqua

Certain events have happened that got a lot of us thinking: "Is the world about to end on 2012?". Certain events that frightened us and made us all aware how fragile life is in general.

We all know what had just recently transpired in Japan. The massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunami that left one of the world's great nations in a chaotic state. We all have tweeted and retweeted messages of encouragements, news updates and opinions towards this tragedy. We all have watched, listened and read news about this -as Pres. Obama had stated- "simply a heartbreaking thing". And we all worry and wonder what would happen next.

For the last 24 hours or so since this happened, I looked through blogs, sites, tweets, facebook statuses, message threads, etc and noticed a common theme, the 2012 thinking. The 2012 thinking is basically believing that life as we know it would end on this year. And that these certain tragedies that the world is experiencing right now is due to the fact that we have only but a couple of months away from the apocalypse.

Now, I am not one to argue about such things. I don't even understand what is happening to our world really or what all this 2012 stuffs are all about. I tried researching how this all came to be but still couldn"t understand it. But here's what I am sure of. Our life is not ours. We all borrowed it and we all have to return it some day. I don't know when that is -I don't know if anyone does- but sooner or later, we have to give it back. That's what I believe in.

It really is heartbreaking to see what is happening right now in our world. I am frightened beyond words that any time at any place, something as horrible or even as worse -I hope to God that it doesn't- could happen. So we must prepare ourselves. And pray our hardest.

My heart and prayers goes out to everyone -most specially to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...